Thursday, September 12, 2013

Homeland

I went back to the homeland for 4 sweet days over labor day weekend, it was my first time home in nine months. This trip was balanced, peaceful, honest, and kind; just what I needed.


Mt. Rainer from the plane


Whenever I come home, the first thing I want to do is see the ocean. 


Morro Bay, CA




When in California, do as the Californians do.


Pops. During this trip home he told me some crazy and wild stories from his past. It involved adventures working on a yacht in Costa Rica and scuba diving in Hawaii. He is quite the father. 


I ate mexican food, not this "I'm Seattle and I'm a million miles away from mexico" business. After the beach, Tacos de Mexico is second on my list.


My wonderful mother


Sometimes what shocks me the most about coming home is how different the climate is. I missed the mighty oaks and the brown grass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment